Marshmallows, chocolate, cream cheese and a crumbly biscuit base, I’m sure your mouth is already watering. Here’s a recipe curated by my 11 year old cousin Kiah-Tashaa Meneses. She’s loved baking since she was a toddler and she’s gotten pretty good at it too. She loves experimenting with different flavours and combinations. From 5 minute chocolate mug cakes to full fledged coffee cakes-This girl’s tried it all. This is one of her most innovative and delicious recipes I’ve come across and I’m sure this little chef has a bright future ahead of her!
So here goes,
Recipe for Mini S’mores Cheesecakes
For the crust:
2 1/4 cups crushed Digestive Biscuits
6 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp sugar
For the Cheesecake:
8oz cream cheese
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp flour
2 tbsp yogurt
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
80g melted dark chocolate
1 tbsp cocoa powder
For the frosting:
3 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
small bag of marshmallows (optional)
- Mix the crushed digestives with the melted butter and sugar by hand to form the crumbly biscuit base of the cheesecake.
- Line a cupcake tray with liners and fill the base of the cupcake liners with the biscuit mixture.
- Keep the tray in the refrigerator to cool.
- Now let’s move on to the cheesecake bit. Cream together the cream cheese and sugar using an electric whisk on low speed until the sugar is combined into the cream cheese.
- Add the eggs one at a time and whisk them into the mixture.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt into the mixture and blend well.
- Add the yogurt, vanilla essence and the melted dark chocolate into the mixture and fold in until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Take out the cupcake tray from inside the refrigerator and pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the biscuit base.
- Bake for 13-15 mins at 180 degrees Celsius until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For the frosting, combine egg whites with sugar and vanilla essence and whisk till soft peaks form.
- Add the frosting into a piping bag and frost the cheesecakes when they’ve cooled completely.
- Top the frosting off with a marshmallow and enjoy!
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe, its a real melt in the mouth! A big thanks to Kiah-Tashaa for contributing.
You guys can contribute too, just send us your recipes on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.