With the weekend coming to an end, I’m sure most of you are thinking “What’s worse than Mondays?”. The answer is- Mondays during the monsoons! That’s exactly what most of us in India are going through these days. Waking up on a Monday in this cold gloomy weather can be kind of a challenge. However, this recipe is going to make all of your Monday blues go away, because honestly, what goes better with Mondays than coffee? This isn’t just your ordinary cuppa, though. This cup of coffee is going to take you back to summer and will leave you refreshed.
The ingredients used in this recipe are stuff that you’ll probably find lying around your kitchen. I found my mint leaves in my mom’s organic garden so they’re as fresh as ever. The other ingredients were all store bought and are easily available at your nearby grocery store.
Recipe for Peppermint Iced Latte (Serves 1)
A handful of fresh mint leaves
2 tsp Instant coffee
250ml whole Milk
50ml Fresh Cream
2 tbsp Sugar
2-3 Ice cubes
- Add a bunch of mint leaves in the mixer with a dash of milk and turn it on for a few seconds.
- After you’re done, open the lid of the mixer and pour in the rest of the milk.
- Add the instant coffee, fresh cream, sugar and ice cubes.
- Turn the mixer on and let all the ingredients blend together for a minute or so.
- Once you’re done, strain out the mint leaves and pour the mixture into a glass.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
…And there you have it, Summer in a glass! I hope this recipe gives you all a reason to look forward to Monday. Have a nice day, my lovelies!