What if I told you, you could taste heaven on a plate? Would you believe me? Probably not. However, I promise you- This recipe comes very close. Who wouldn’t love these 4 elements in one dish? Mint, Chocolate Chips, Cheesecake and Brownies, all combined to create one delicious edible piece of heaven!
Also, when it comes to Cheesecakes, a lot of Indians think that they might not be able to follow through with the recipe because of the very few and ridiculously expensive choices of cream cheese available in India. I used to shy away from trying out cheesecake recipes for the very same reason, until I found a reasonably priced, good quality tub of cream cheese at a local supermarket called Delfinos, Goa. If I can manage to find something in Goa, it should definitely be available in other parts of India too. So fear not, cheesecake lovers, D’lecta cream cheese to the rescue!
This recipe is divided into two parts, The cheesecake part and the brownie part- both of which will be combined in the end.
I hope you guys enjoy making these little babies as much as you’ll enjoy eating them! 🙂
Recipe for Mint Chip Cheesecake Brownies
The Cheesecake Mixture
180g Cream Cheese
3 tbsp Fresh Cream
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
4 drops Green Food Colouring1 cup Chocolate chips
- Add the Cream Cheese and Fresh Cream in a bowl and whisk together until creamy. I prefer to do this with an electric whisk because its easier on the hands, but feel free to do it manually if you’d like.
- Add the Sugar to the mixture and whisk away until it is blended with the Cream cheese.
- Add the egg and whisk at a low speed.
- Add the Peppermint Extract along with the Green food colouring. Make sure you don’t add too much, because mint has a powerful flavor and you wouldn’t want it to overpower the entire dish.
- You should have a creamy, light green mixture for now. Fold in the chocolate chips slowly and keep the mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes.
The Brownie Mixture
1/2 Cup flour
1 Cup Sugar1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder1/2 tsp Baking Soda1/2 Cup Butter2 Eggs
- In another bowl, add all the dry ingredients listed above and combine together uniformly.
- Add the butter to the dry mixture and blend it with an electric whisk or manually.
- Finally, add the eggs one at a time and beat them into the mixture until you get a thick, brown, creamy consistency.
- Take out the Cheesecake mixture from the fridge and
control yourself from eating it allkeep ready.
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners and keep ready.
- Scoop out the brownie mixture with a spoon and fill it into the cupcake liners halfway.
- Fill the remaining half of the cupcake liners with the cheesecake mixture.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 25-30mins.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool for a while.
- Garnish with whipped cream & mint leaves (Optional).
And there you have it, Mint Chip Cheesecake Brownies. Enjoy them with a hot cuppa and leave us a comment telling us how you liked the recipe! 🙂